The Benefits Of A Property Manager
Campbell & Co in Belfast & Lisburn
25th August 2022
Handling your rental property can be time-consuming and stressful to manage alongside work and everyday life. At Campbell and Co, we have a dedicated and experienced property manager.
Within our property management service, we offer our clients property handovers, management of compliance matters, collection and processing of monthly rent, and tenants move-in and move-out. For more information on how we can help you manage your property, please contact us and one of our team will be happy to help.
What Is A Property Manager?
A property manager is an individual that is responsible for professionally handling your property. Mostly, property managers handle the management of day-to-day tasks related to the property.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of a property manager include:
- Regular inspection of the property or properties during the tenancy.
- Taking responsibility for repairs and necessary maintenance that the property or properties require.
- Responsible for the security of the property.
- Managing property-related tasks that will help in preserving the property’s value and make sure that the home will continue to generate income for the owner.
- Handling the task of collecting rent from current tenants.
- Resolving tenants’ complaints and answering their concerns.
Why You Should Hire A Property Manager
Whether your property is an apartment, house or business premises, a property manager will help you find quality tenants and will take care of the day to day running of the property on your behalf. Hiring a property manager can be of greater importance to property owners which fall under the following categories:
- Property owners who do not live near their property. A property manager will save you the time and effort of travelling to inspect and handle property management related tasks.
- Property owners who do not enjoy dealing with tenants. Dealing with potential tenants can be time-consuming. A property manager can handle this on your behalf and provide you with a full and detailed report.
- Property owners who have more than one property.
Qualities To Look For In A Property Manager
Property managers are responsible for the day to day management and care of valuable assets such as homes and business premises’. As an owner, you have to be confident in your choice to make sure that your property or properties are in the right hands.
Here are the top three things to look for in your property manager:
- Look for a property manager who is well known for the work they do.
- Make sure the property manager is familiar with the area and the property type you require assistance with. Some property managers may specialise in certain areas such as homes only and may not be suitable if you have a business premises that you need assistance with managing.
- Try to hire a property manager that is flexible. You want to make sure that your property is managed in a way that you are comfortable with and that your tenants are not being ignored or neglected for periods of time. A flexible property manager will have time to deal with all of their clients.
Benefits Of Hiring A Property Manager
Below we have outlined some of the benefits of hiring a property manager:
- A property manager can save you time and effort as they take care of the day to day running and maintenance of your property.
- Property managers take the stress out of managing a property for example, if a negative situation arises during a tenancy agreement, with your permission a property manager will handle any communication and will be able to deal with the situation on your behalf.
- Property managers handle moving tenants in and out of properties which means you don’t have to be available for viewings or to handle keys.
Are You Interested In A Property Manager?
If you are interested in finding a property manager in Belfast or in the Holywood, Dundonald, Newtownabbey, Bangor and Lisburn areas, the team at Campbell and Co are here to help.
Please contact us for more information on how we can help manage your property and one of our team will be happy to help you with your enquiry.